5 Truly Bizarre Reasons To Have Plastic Surgery
There are thousands of different reasons that people choose to go under the knife and have plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgeons work on an array of different people who seek them out for various reasons, such as people looking to rebuild their bodies after suffering disfiguring injuries, cancer survivors, celebrities trying to look young and the regular Joes who are just trying to keep up with the Joneses. And, with all of the many reasons to get plastic surgery nowadays, there are also several truly strange reasons that people have surgically altered their appearance. Here are our top 5 most bizarre reasons to have plastic surgery:
- Plastic surgery to win a bet. In 1996, professional gambler (and man known to do anything to win a bet…) Brian Zembic had breast implants put in, in order to win a $100,000 bet. In order to win the bet, Brian had to have the breast augmentation surgery to put in 36C breast implants and keep them for 1 year. After losing a bunch of money in the stock market, Brian decided to make good on the bet and had the breast augmentation surgery. And, not only did he win the bet and receive the $100,000, but he decided not to have the breast implants removed after his year was up and surprisingly still has them 16 years later!
- Plastic surgery to look like an animal. Dennis “Catman” Avner has undergone some of the most extreme plastic surgery in a bid to look like a tiger. Catman has had his lip surgically split (bifurcation), septum relocation to flatten his nose, facial implants in the brow, forehead and nose and saline breast implants (Uh, last time I checked, tigers didn’t have boobs?), and that is just naming a few of the body modification he has had over the years! And, surprisingly, Catman isn’t alone in wanting to look like an animal. Jocelyn Wildenstein originally starting having plastic surgery in an attempt to look more feline and Erik “Lizardman” Sprague has modified his body in order to look like a reptile.
- Plastic surgery to look like a cartoon character. It’s pretty common to use a celebrity as a reference when undergoing plastic surgery, but a cartoon?! Kristina Rei, a Russian woman in her 20’s, has had hundreds of lip plumping injections done in order to look like her ideal woman…Jessica Rabbit? According to Kristina, “I want to go more extreme. I want to look like a cartoon character. I am addicted to it. I love it. When I can afford it I want to enlarge my breasts from a C-cup to a DD, change the shape of my nose and I want to make my ears pointed like an elf. It’s good to be different“. Would you be surprised to learn that Kristina isn’t the only one interested in having surgery to look like a cartoon character? Throughout Asia it is becoming increasingly popular to undergo plastic surgery in order to look like anime girls.
- Plastic surgery to sculpt your fat into “muscles”. I don’t know how anyone ever thought that scraping fake muscles into your fat would be a good idea, but people actually get this procedure done. It’s called “abdominal etching” and it involves having liposuction around the fat that is covering your abdominal muscles and it’s supposed to make your gut look like a six-pack. Australian media personality Darryn Lyons (that’s him over there on the left), was so happy with the results of his abdominal etching that he bought stake in the company that invented it. Another trick that is used to create fake muscles is Synthol injections, and not surprisingly, they look equally ridiculous as “etched” abs.
- Plastic surgery to make you look like your husbands dead ex-wife. Thankfully, this one isn’t that common, but a man in China convinced his new wife to have plastic surgery so that she would look like his deceased first wife. The man stated that he only married his new wife because she resembled his first wife, who died three years before in a car accident. Oddly enough his new wife found nothing wrong with that and agreed to undergo plastic surgery in order to make her look even more like his long lost love. Before having the surgeries, the unidentified wife told reporters, “I feel conflicted. I don’t want to become another’s shadow, but I also don’t want to lose the family. Now I only hope the surgery will not make me look ugly“.